See how to get started with ProActive Workflows & Scheduling software in this video
Step 1: Register and Login
To access our Free Trial platform, create a new account, check you mailbox and confirm your email address to create try credentials.
Then, go to our online ProActive Studio and log in.
Step 2: Create your first “hello world” workflow
With ProActive, workflows are executed by the Scheduler as jobs made of tasks. A task is the smallest schedulable entity, it can be a script, a native executable or a Java class.
In this tutorial we will create a simple job, submit it to the scheduler and monitor its execution.
- Click on create to create a new workflow
- Click on open to open the workflow
- Change the name of the workflow in the Name field by HelloWorld“
- Click on the Task dropdown list
- Drag & drop the java task in the drawing area
- Click on java task to display the features on the left hand side
- Click on task implementation
- In the Code field, past result = “Hello”;
- Create a new task java, and past result = “World”; in code area
- Create a new task java, and past print(results.value() + “ ” + results.value()); in the code area
- Now you can create dependencies so the task HelloWorld retrieves the results from the two other tasks. It is done by dragging links from one task to another.
- Click on the button execute to run a job, then go to the Scheduler and Orchestration interface
- In this view you can monitor the list of jobs (upper area), the jobs in progress (bottom and left hand side area), and the output (bottom and right hand side area)
Step 3: Explore our workflows from the catalog
The workflow catalog is a collaborative tool that will let you store and share workflows or pre-made tasks within your organisation.
You can therefore run ready-to-use workflows available in the bucket basic-examples
- create a new workflow and open the catalog of workflows
- select the bucket basic-examples, then select a workflow (in our example variables-propagation), and click the button open as a new workflow
- confirm your action
- run the workflow
What’s next ?
At this stage, you’ve succesfully executed your first workflow.
To learn more about Proactive you can:
For any other enquiry, please, do not hesitate to contact us.