Activeeon is currently looking for a highly motivated candidate for a permanent R&D engineer position in Cloud and Edge infrastructures.
Activeeon is an INRIA spin-off, a software publisher of scheduling solutions for HPC Cloud and parallel computing. Activeeon’s innovative solutions accelerate computer applications & workflows, and manage Grids and Cloud infrastructures. Activeeon chalked up several strong successes, with international customers in France, Belgium, UK, USA and China. The company also managed to set up strategic partnerships with major IT actors (DELL, HP, Microsoft).
In the context of the H2020 MORPHEMIC project, you will contribute to Activeeon research effort. Objectives include:
- Extension of an infrastructure-aware domain specific language for cloud/edge application modeling,
- Design, implementation and validation of cloud/edge resources management frameworks,
- Design, implementation and validation of a workflow-based methods for applications orchestration,
- Involvement in the scientific publication effort,
- Support project management, in collaboration with partners from academia and industry,
- Optionally, contribution to the dissemination effort and industrial exploitation strategy.
Complementarily, you will integrate our main engineering team:
- You will be working as a infrastructure technical expert in our R&D team,
- You will participate in the design and development of our products,
- You will work with core Java technologies,
- You could do short missions to our customers for integration and support.
The repartitions between the research and engineering efforts is 70%/30%.
- Master degree in Telecommunications, Information Technology or Computer Science
- Java language programming skills
- Unix system administration
- Experience public/private cloud IaaS platforms
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Excellent team work skills
- Learning and documentation skills
- Motivation for research tasks and proactive attitude
- Recent Ph.D. degree in Telecommunications, cloud/edge computing, distributed systems,
- Previous experience with Function-as-a-Service frameworks,
- Proven experience in edge computing,
- Previous position in H2020 research project (actively involved)
- Flexible organization of working hours
- Flexible location: Paris/Sophia-Antipolis/Remote working
- Subsidized meals (tickets restaurant)
- Public transport partially reimbursed
- Possibility to attend tech conferences and events
- Social security coverage (supplemental health insurance)
- Remuneration based on experience
- Five weeks of annual leave
The position is to be filled immediately. If interested to apply, please send your resume and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org